It was anything but business as usual for the more than 2,000+ HP digital print professionals from around the globe who attended the Dscoop9 conference in person and virtually March 6-8 at the Gaylord Palms Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The theme and directive at the conference was for Dscoop members to “break the mold," and the conference provided them with a dynamic personalized educational environment to achieve business success within their own professional role and interests.
Attendee turnout marked a 25 percent increase in print service provider attendees from last year’s event and included attendees from 33 countries around the world.
Conference attendees discovered that their educational opportunities would not end with the conference. The guiding principle behind Dscoop University, which officially debuted the first day of the conference, is to provide members with a year-round educational industry resource. Dscoop University offers a highly personalized and practical curriculum in a blended learning environment; members have access to online learning, downloadable training materials and instructor-led courses. At Dscoop9, educational sessions were also live streamed to enable more global members to learn and interact virtually.
Other conference highlights from Dscoop9 included:
- The largest Solutions Showcase in conference history featuring the latest printing technologies and products from a record 100 partners and over 36,500 sq. ft.
- More than 1,100 demos of HP’s Latex 3000 and 260 and Designjet Z6200 and Z3200 presses over the course of three days
- First public demo in the Americas of the HP Indigo 30000 digital press, which enables exciting new carton folding applications
- The announcement of the new Tell Your Story Sales Program, an innovative program leveraging best-in-class sales techniques, tools, over 100 digital assets, videos and PowerPoints to help HP Graphic Arts business owners to even more effectively communicate and partner with their customers to achieve mutual success. This program was created by HP and jointly delivered through Dscoop, empowering Dscoop members like never before.
- Two opening keynote speakers: Business consultant Scott Stratten provided his original take on viral, social and authentic marketing, which he calls “un-marketing”, and business thought leader and best-selling author Jason Jennings shared his five growth secrets of the world’s best performing companies and leaders.
- The presentation of the 2014 Jack Glacken Award for outstanding contributions to the Dscoop community to Chris Petro, President and CEO, GlobalSoft Digital Solutions and Mark Sarpa, CEO, Progressive Solutions.
- A dynamic closing presentation from Alon Bar-Shany, VP and General Manager for HP Indigo Division, who provided attendees with global digital print industry insights.